TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Is sprint blue dark or light in person?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SB livable as a daily driver?

haha....I guess I have to get black now. I'm going to try to see SB in person. I hear you about the black looking more luxury/classy whatever. Every other car around here is black though. The blue looks more fun, like somthing you'd see on a lambo or porsche. I just wonder if I'll get sick of it after a few years. Maybe I'll trade it in for a TTRS, lol

Where about Boston are you? Where did you get yours from? You know any local dealers that have cars in SB that I could look at.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:39 PM

Yeah, the blue is fun and I think I'm going to really love it once all this crazy snow crap stops and the sun finally comes out. But I think the black would fit perfectly for the winter. The fact that all cars around here are black or silver is partly why I went with the blue too.

I'm north of the city. My closest dealership is probably the Nashua NH one actually. Thats where my husband has always bought his A4s. I got mine from Rhode Island though because they are the only one in New England with the Costco discount program. (The TTS isn't officially part of the Costco program but they gave me the same deal to help upsell me from a regular 2.0TQ '09 TT.)

I hadn't seen Sprint Blue in person before taking delivery of my car either. Its difficult since its only on the SLine cars. I don't know if any dealers have one in stock (maybe check the local dealership inventory lists on the web?) but if you keep your eyes peeled on RT3/128 you might catch me on my daily commute lol. Its really a beautiful color but I feel like its more summery. Maybe I'm just being a girl but if I had a handbag that was Sprint Blue, I would only use it in the summer daytime. =)

My advice to you would be to call the dealership and see if a color change is even really an option at this point. It would be a shame to go through all this, finally decide that your heart is set on the blue and then be told that you can't have it.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:42 PM

And so I just checked out AudiofNashua.com and they appear to have a SB TTS in stock. Looks likes its a Premium Plus Roadster with Black top. FYI.