TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Upgrading stereo info

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading stereo info

Well I have had a rough time trying to get all the info to upgrade my stereo. The shops in Augusta, GA suck and didnt know what to do and I went to them all. They couldnt figure out what I needed, so I did it myself with some help from another thread. I am upgrading to the Pioneer AVIV F900BT with new firmware to take care of past issues. Finally after emailing a few sites in the UK I found out exactly what I need.

1. New stereo ($550 from Amazon)
2. CTSAD002 steering wheel interface
3. CT23AU05A dash kit (2&3 came to $147)
4. Antenna lead adapter, getting from install shop ($10)

This is all that is needed to change out the stock stereo to my pioneer one. The site that has this is connects2.com but they do not ship to individuals so I found a site in the UK dynamicsounds.co.uk) to order the parts from.

I will post pics when I get the parts and get it installed.

Last edited by TTsteve; 03-27-2009 at 09:01 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

I had the same nightmare man. I wish you post it two weeks ago, Lol. I'm waiting on my good from Dynamicsounds. I'm installing a AVIC-F90BT.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

it took alot of emails and running to shops that knew nothing. So the parts you ordered are the same as me?
Old 04-01-2009, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

got my stereo in the mail today, I had ordered the 900BT and they sent me the 90BT which is more expensive and didnt charge me extra. I guess they didnt have the 900BT in so I got the better and newer version. Im just waiting on the face kit from the UK now. It really is a nice looking system.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Steve,

Actually the F90BT is not "newer" than the F900BT... The F90BT is under Pioneer's "Premier" brand and is virtually identical to the F900BT.

Basically, if you check Amazon, the 900 is selling for $569 and the 90 for $529... so, not sure what you paid, but the 90 is selling for less, new...

The Premier brand has only two things that sets it apart, a 2 year warranty instead of just a 1 (and that's only if you bought it from a Premier authorized dealer... and places like amazon wouldn't be... Premier would be from a high-end car audio place that wouldve charged you an arm and a leg to start with... so that sorta doesn't matter.

The other thing is that it has a 4 volt pre-amp out instead of the 900's 2.2v... That is handy, but I'll tell you right now, even if you upgraded your speakers, and used an amp or not... in a car like the TT with the few speakers it has, you wouldn't notice the difference.

Just thought I'd fill you in... Hope to see the finished product!
Old 04-02-2009, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Even tho I went thru Amazon it was actually shipped from a dealer so I did get the two year warrenty which Im glad about. I didnt know it was not newer but I did read that it had a few extra features. The ones you said and also 3d landmarks on the nav (no big deal really) and also the MSN direct traffic stuff. I am glad about the 4 volt pre-amp and hope with the 7 or 9 speakers the TT has that I will hear a difference. If that many speakers wont help then man. I will also be seeing if I need to replace the speakers after the unit is installed and I see how they sound. Im hoping they will do better not that it doesnt sound good now, just want a little more. Im not a bass freak that wants to rattle my car to death.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

KVN22 have you received your stuff from dynamics sounds yet?
Old 04-10-2009, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have everything. Audi Manhattan have idiots working there so they tell me that the speed sensor wont work with this radio. I'm picking up my car in 10 days or so because this IDIOTS destroyed my interior in the process. I'm so pissed off man.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Man that sucks, they are paying to fix it all right? How long did it take to get your stuff from dynamicsound? Im still waiting. Did you upgrade speakers too?
Old 04-11-2009, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I got my cables and adapters today so I have an appt. on Wed to get it all installed. I will take pics when its done and let you know how it is.

Quick Reply: Upgrading stereo info