TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

What tires are you running on your TT?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ben_A
Race track.

Texas World Speedway in College Station is my favorite track.

I also enjoy Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, MotorSports Ranch in Cresson Texas, and Harris Hill in San Marcos Texas.
Aha - yes, this makes sense then, so the PS2s are a bit less happy with extended periods of triple digit running speeds and at-or-over-the-limit cornering loads. Thanks for all the info! Very curious to see what my TTS arrives with from the factory...
Old 01-28-2010, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great input.

Track events won't figure into my picture much at all. It's a dangerous path for me to tread and the rubber costs are only the tip of that iceberg. Upgrades for weekend wars are addicting, IME, and track events, especially among us Audiots, are like alcohol for removing your inhibitions towards spending for parts, labor and time!

I'm going to nab a set of GS-D3s for this re-rubber before they're gone, and keep the input here for the next pony-up. What I'm really hoping is that Goodyear will announce the next generation of the tire, but I think they would have if they had a product coming to market.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I heard the GS-D3s are really good tired for the money, but seeing and hearing about sidewall bubbles on almost all that have run them has kept me away. Didn't theese replace the F1 GS-D3s?
Old 02-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bfourney
I heard the GS-D3s are really good tired for the money, but seeing and hearing about sidewall bubbles on almost all that have run them has kept me away. Didn't theese replace the F1 GS-D3s?
Jesus christ you can't edit your posts here?! Anyway I meant these http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....+F1+Asymmetric
Old 02-01-2010, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bfourney
Jesus christ you can't edit your posts here?! Anyway I meant these http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....+F1+Asymmetric
The bubble posts have always left me scratching my head, frankly. I happily ate up four staggered sets of GS-D3s with many a mile and smile and no issues at all on a hot little '03 IS300 wagon (great car BTW).

I guess the Asymmetric is supposed to be the replacement after all. I passed it by when I pulled up my TireRack list, thinking they'd lumped an AS in there by mistake!
Old 10-04-2011, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Non runflat tires on runflat wheels?

Helpful thread. Anybody switch from OEM runflats on OEM wheels to nonrunflat tires on the same wheels? Have 2009 TTS and want to ditch 18" runflats.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:25 PM
n
Audiworld Junior Member

Switched from the OEM Potenza Zero runflats to Dunlop SP 5000 on OEM wheels. Main difference was road noise and a little uneven wear (I had used Dunlops on my A4). On long trips it's worrying to not have a spare in case of a flat. Have another 5k on the Dunlops and am considering switching to Michelin Pilot Sport AS Plus ZP (runflat).
Old 02-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Anyone running Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires - shopping for summer tires and they have a #1 rating at Tire Rack in Max Performance class? Looking to get some improved treadlife and not sacrifice in the handling and traction. Was not impressed with OEM Pirelli P Zero Rossi especially treadlife.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Just a normal every day TT driver, have the Conti DWS tires and am satisfied with their performance, esp. wet. Have not experienced any hydroplaning...
Old 04-12-2012, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Michelin Pilot Super Sport 255/35-19s on the way for a Tuesday install. I will miss my F1 DS-G3s, but alas they are no longer available. I'll post driving impressions ASAP...

Quick Reply: What tires are you running on your TT?