TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Beware Forge High Flow Valve/ BOV for the TTRS

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware Forge High Flow Valve/ BOV for the TTRS

UPDATE: Forge somehow put the wrong elbow in the box that I received even though the directions were for the 8s and 8v the elbow was for an the old RS3. The new elbow is slimmer where the actual BOV attaches and this allows enough space for the valve to properly fit and be attached.

I will say the valve sounds fantastic and is very aggressive, much louder when the car is tuned vs not tuned due to the higher boost pressures. So overall forge corrected the situation and sent me a new elbow.

Just a warning to anyone thinking about buying the Forge High Flow Dump valve for the MK3 TTRS it will not properly fit the car.

I purchased it from USP Motorsports it was the proper model, and the instructions specifically state it is for the TTRS 8S. However those same instructions are pretty much useless they are beyond confusing and inaccurate in several places. For example in step 3. you are required to split the intake manifold and before you do that they tell you to remove 3 screws, but it is impossible to actually remove one of those screws unless you split the intake manifold first. Another example is in step 6. where you are told to attach the MAP sensor to the new highflow elbow. The sensor you actually need to attach is the charge air pressure sensor, the MAP sensor stays on the intake manifold.

However I can live with the garbage install instructions, what I can't live with is that after all that work the part doesn't actually fit the car. The high flow elbow attaches to the throttle body just fine, the problem is the actual BOV, which can not physically fin in the space it is supposed to fit. There is a pipe that hits the top half of the BOV and makes it impossible to fit it into position, I would assume that forge designed the product on and RS3 and never cared to test fit it to a TTRS. I even removed the hose clamp on the pipe just to see if it would fit and still no luck the space is just too small.

The best part is that after emailing FORGE about the problem I was told that my email would be forwarded to their UK division since they developed the part, two days later and I haven't heard a word from them. So I figured I'd warn other TTRS owners since it looks like they plan on doing nothing about it.

I've attached pictures showing the issues as well as a copy of the awful install instructions.

The pipe with the white markings in the center of the picture is the issue.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
FMDV7 Revised.pdf (1.92 MB, 196 views)

Last edited by zigzaz; 09-25-2018 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Update
Old 09-16-2018, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

Someone I know with ttrs 8s has had the forge bov fitted for quite a while now.
Are you trying to fit it yourself or have you taken it to a garage?

KR,
Ibby