TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

If you could have your TT/TTS in any color, what would it be?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 08:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 253 Likes on 215 Posts
Default I was told $3900 also

Originally Posted by stevo_va
I had a VW Corrado for 14 years (from 1990 - 2004, and I still miss that car which is why I'm considering a TT), and it was Pearl Green Metallic with a grey interior (https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...Green Metallic).

Although I got a little tired of green after 14 years, I'm back to thinking a dark green TT would look great. Using Audi UK's configurator, I think "Gomera Grün Perleffekt" might be the closest to VW's Pearl green Metallic ("Alpine Green Pearlcoat" and "Avocadogrün Perleffekt" might look good, too), although it's pretty hard to tell. Unfortunately, Audi's UK configurator doesn't show the entire car in the color you choose, and I have a really hard time picturing the entire car in a different color.

In the real world, I'd probably choose to use the cost of the Audi Exclusive Color (my dealer told me it's $3,900) to move from a TT to a TTS just so I could get Sepang Blue (Scuba Blue is a little too dark for me, but I do want to see one in person before I rule it out).
Agree the money is better spent elsewhere but the TT paint selections suck, 7 monochromatic and 3 colors.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Surfinjoe
Rob, it just looks great! Lots of good color combos for this vehicle.
Thanks Joe!
Old 09-26-2015, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by SimianSpeedster
That looks REALLY nice! Not only does the TT offer more interesting interior colors than the TTS, your door panel inserts are also trimmed to match which I strongly prefer. The interior is already rather dark, so the added color helps IMO. I don't know why -- maybe because it's so bright -- but the red interior option on the TTS still comes with black door inserts. Looking at the configurator, the grey TTS interior option appears to change the door insert to grey as well. Maybe more red might be too much red.
All TTS models have black door panel inserts (and contrast stitching throughout the interior). Only the TT coupe and roadster get color matching inserts, but no contrast stitching (unless you get a design selection interior).
Old 09-27-2015, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Correct, but note that the TTS armrests are seat-matching which lends some door contrast.

The TT has black armrests regardless of seat color.

Originally Posted by adg44
All TTS models have black door panel inserts (and contrast stitching throughout the interior). Only the TT coupe and roadster get color matching inserts, but no contrast stitching (unless you get a design selection interior).
Old 09-27-2015, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

I'm still mesmerized by the Palomino and black interior, Really nice!

... and you have a lot of courage parking near shopping carts. Or perhaps the SoCal "car culture" is far more civilized than in my location.

Originally Posted by visuar
Okay, that's a great photo showing the difference. Rich is perhaps a better word to use. Here's Palamino on my car:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/att...d-palamino.jpg
Old 09-27-2015, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
Correct, but note that the TTS armrests are seat-matching which lends some door contrast.
Are you sure about that? The first real world pictures I've seen of a U.S. TTS with red leather still show black door inserts and black armrests. The launch edition unit at Audi of Mission Viejo: New 2016 Audi TTS For Sale | Mission Viejo CA

I've only found one wrinkle to add: when using the Audi USA configurator, I see that changing the seat color from black to motor grey also changes one minor door trim piece, the area closer to the door handle and the door speaker, to grey. But the rest of the door insert and the armrest remain black. With the red seats chosen, all those parts remain black, just like a car configured with black seats. Check it out for yourself.

Either the configurator is incorrect about some minor details (I've seen that before), or the design decisions for the TTS are really driven by the choice of seat color. I suspect the latter even though it's a bit odd/inconsistent.

Last edited by SimianSpeedster; 09-27-2015 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

... and you have a lot of courage parking near shopping carts. Or perhaps the SoCal "car culture" is far more civilized than in my location.
That was taken at the Nice airport where I dropped the car off for shipping to the US. This was at a car transport facility, so no other people around really. They moved the car to a real parking spot shortly after I dropped it off.

Would never park it like that and then just leave it there haha. I try to avoid parking spots with shopping carts in/near them which happens a lot here at supermarkets etc. (people don't return them) for example.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SimianSpeedster
Are you sure about that? The first real world pictures I've seen of a U.S. TTS with red leather still show black door inserts and black armrests. The launch edition unit at Audi of Mission Viejo: New 2016 Audi TTS For Sale | Mission Viejo CA
That one clearly has a red armrest. But not the door panels, as previously mentioned (TTS feature apparently).
Old 09-27-2015, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

The TT has black armrests regardless of seat color.
You have this backwards.

The door armrest and panel will always be black on a TTS and have contrast stitching. On a TT coupe or roadster, those will be seat color (and stone gray for the door panel if getting design selection).

The center armrest will always be seat color on TT or TTS.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry for the confusion - I totally spaced on the center armrest and I thought we were discussing the door armrests which all seem to be black. That one trim piece does appear to change in the doors for the TTS grey interior, though. We won't really know until they start arriving at dealers, and I suspect the motor grey interior will be relatively rare.

Quick Reply: If you could have your TT/TTS in any color, what would it be?