TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

LED Headlights causing issues to my GPS Signal

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2024, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Headlights causing issues to my GPS Signal

Hello guys,
I am facing a really odd issue which is coming from LED Headlights.
Recently I started using my GPS because I have activated the MAPS. What i found out was at during the daytime I had fully operationally GPS with 10 Satellites, but in the night I saw that my GPS could see the satellites but no tracking them.

I did a small troubleshoot for a month and I figured out that the problem is coming from the LED Headlights:
1) Used the car lights with the traditional manual way (daytime headlights are off and in the night I am switching to on) and my my GPS is working fine.

2) Tried the next day to start it with the automatic lights again and I had 0 Satellites tracking. Turned off manually the headlights and did a reboot to mmi then I had 10 Satellites tracking back. Then swapped it again to automatic and the satellites were there.

So I assume that the issue is coming when the MMI is booting and loading the maps while the LED headlights are working. Seems that there is somehow an electrical noise that interfering with the GPS Antenna. Do you have any idea why I have this issue? Am I the only one that facing it?