TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

MSRP, less, or more for TT RS order?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MSRP, less, or more for TT RS order?

I'm curious how people have been fairing on dealership discussions regarding TT RS pricing. Now that the full options price list is out, how are people doing price-wise? Getting quotes above MSRP? At MSRP? Below MSRP? Orders don't appear to be open at this point, but many dealerships are taking deposits and discussing pricing. I've not yet gotten hard quotes myself, so curious if anyone else had and was willing to share (at least ballpark) what they were able to negotiate too. I'm new to Audi, let alone the RS line models, so don't know what to expect as a reasonable starting point; specifically the vehicle pricing, not with any trade-in/warranty services/etc shenanigans.
Old 04-09-2017, 01:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm intensely curious about this as well. We'll know better when order banks open but there surely must be some folks that have put in deposits and have already gotten agreements from their dealer on markup/discount.

At least for me, this will be the most expensive car I've seriously considered purchasing; if dealers were tacking on ADM that might be enough to make me pass, or at least wait for the '19s.
Old 04-09-2017, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've been talking MSRP at this point but may push for a bit of a discount. I think at this point there is interest but not mayhem about getting a car. It's not like what happened with the M2, at least not yet.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rapture
I've been talking MSRP at this point but may push for a bit of a discount. I think at this point there is interest but not mayhem about getting a car. It's not like what happened with the M2, at least not yet.
I suspect once word gets out to a larger audience with some of the performance numbers and price that may change. Going to try and lock in a deal myself before that goes down. With the 718S sounding how it does, and significantly higher priced once optioned equivalently I suspect people who would have normally bought it for a daily may opt for a TT RS instead. Not quite as good handling at 10/10 driving but most people are on the street a whole lot more than the track. M2 is a fun car too, but there really isn't much else out there. Maybe the C7 Corvette? Not for me.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 252 Likes on 214 Posts

Well the ACNA discount specifically excludes the TTRS and RS3 so that is a data point that 6% discount isn't going to happen. It was my impression that Audi USA discouraged dealers from charging more than MSRP although I have seen a few rare instances. I would expect the Mk 3 TTRS sales to somewhat mirror the Mk 2 TTRS. MSRP for a while and then by the end of the 2018MY you can get generous discounts. There were many new 2013 TTRS on the lot for over a year with no takers. IMO, and the opinion of many professional reviewers, the Mk 2 TTRS was an incredible buy for the buck. I'm not seeing similar reviews for the Mk 3 TTRS and it is $8K more, so I don't expect the demand for the Mk 3 TTRS to be as strong as the Mk 2 TTRS.

Last edited by Vegas-roadster; 04-10-2017 at 06:03 AM.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Pricing

Does anyone have any updates on their pricing status? I'm trying to lock down a deal but I'm not sure what range I'm supposed to be agreeing to. Any advice?
Old 05-08-2017, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Less than MSRP. These are great cars no doubt, but they don't have the excitement of an M2 at this point. Go for a discount if your dealer does not have a verified order yet.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

My dealer says he'll do 2% on a 2018 TT RS. (Because I am a loyal Customer, since this would be my 4th Audi from them in 6 years...)

I guess it is somethin'. :-)

Maybe I'll wait until Christmas.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Order vs dealer stock

If you buy off the lot, I think you can get a discount. If you order the car to be built, you'll be paying MSRP. Never pay over MSRP.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default I did not shop for price

I wanted a Daytona Grey TT RS and found only 5 in the US and only one not committed.

I Contacted Biener Audi - got $ 500 off list plus another $500 customer loyalty discount. All over the phone in a period of 15 minutes.

Contacted the shipper - enclosed van from Great NY to Cincinnati - $980 taxes included,

Hope you can do better - I was a motivated shopper. Started out wanting white, then black, then passed on blue and finally settled on Daytona Grey. When you are shopping in this price bracket - another $1,000 does not break the deal when you know what you are getting.

This is a very sweet ride, and I haven't even been at full throttle.

I bought my wife a 2014 black TT about 3 months ago, are upon a white 2016 two months latter and traded up. She loves the car - and so did I. Didn't take me long to decide I wanted an RS

Now she tells she really loves the sound of the exhaust and the audi logo that shines on the floor has yer mesmerized.

Quick Reply: MSRP, less, or more for TT RS order?