TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

rear view mirror?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 08:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear view mirror?

is it not possible to adjust the rear view mirror? the manual page on mirrors only address the side mirrors on the doors. nothing about adjusting rear view mirror.
Old 12-16-2015, 03:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by mlj1975lsu
is it not possible to adjust the rear view mirror? the manual page on mirrors only address the side mirrors on the doors. nothing about adjusting rear view mirror.
What do you mean? Just move the rear view mirror with your hand to adjust it.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 253 Likes on 215 Posts
Default I had a problem with my Mk 2

Originally Posted by adg44
What do you mean? Just move the rear view mirror with your hand to adjust it.
At first, my windshield mirror only moved down and not up from the factory-delivered point. Checked with the service manager and then forced the mirror up. Took quite a bit of force but once I "broke" the seal, it worked fine. Maybe this is the issue in question?
Old 12-16-2015, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Likewise, but I didn't check with service prior as I thought it was just me being too gentle with the new ride.

It's taken a bit of getting used to the smaller mirror than my prior allroad. But then it's a smaller vehicle.

I must embarrassingly admit I did check with Service when my wipers weren't working. It turned out the hood wasn't fully seated and there's an interlock (tech's were taught to place two hands wide atop the two hood latching points). We'll all get used to these things.

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadster
At first, my windshield mirror only moved down and not up from the factory-delivered point. Checked with the service manager and then forced the mirror up. Took quite a bit of force but once I "broke" the seal, it worked fine. Maybe this is the issue in question?
Old 12-16-2015, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

as long as we're talking rear view mirror, one thing I noticed on the highway at night around Thanksgiving, ......is that the edges of the mirror seemed to sparkle or magnify the lights from behind me....just on the edges, might be the way the glass is cut or mounted in holder, but it was annoying for sure. Anyone else notice this?
Old 12-16-2015, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

I haven't noticed that. Perhaps some remaining protective covering on the edges (I found a couple things elsewhere that were missed in dealer prep)?

Originally Posted by i3adSaab
as long as we're talking rear view mirror, one thing I noticed on the highway at night around Thanksgiving, ......is that the edges of the mirror seemed to sparkle or magnify the lights from behind me....just on the edges, might be the way the glass is cut or mounted in holder, but it was annoying for sure. Anyone else notice this?
Old 12-16-2015, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Huey52
I haven't noticed that. Perhaps some remaining protective covering on the edges (I found a couple things elsewhere that were missed in dealer prep)?
This is because the mirror is now frameless and the area around the edges does not dim.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by i3adSaab
I can see how this might play in...

At dawn/dusk, or something like that, the mirrors dim (the auto dimming feature) and at a certain angle I can see what looks like an LCD overlay of the mirror except for maybe 1/8" to 1/4" border. I see it on the side mirrors and the rear view.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, I've found that too and find it highly annoying. Both my side mirrors and rear view mirror have a band around the edge where the dimming material (or whatever) is not put and it looks like the dimming center sort of floats with a brighter edge around it.

I find it highly annoying, but am slowly getting more used it. It should've been edge to edge like it was / felt in my previous TT.

Last edited by visuar; 12-16-2015 at 09:33 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

yikes, i feel like an idiot. i swear i tried moving it before i posted this question. it didnt feel like it was moving and i was apprehensive of 'breaking it' in the case it wasnt meant to be moved.

Quick Reply: rear view mirror?