TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Sputtering on Warm Start - Leaky Injector?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2024, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by REHA4GA
Hi,
My 2016 TTS MK3 seems to be having a similar problem. The problem occurs only intermittently and only when hot. The last time it occurred was about an hour after some spirited driving. It took a couple of attempts to start the vehicle.

My TTS does not throw any codes. It just seems to sputter when starting. Once it starts, everything is fine.

Do you know if your vehicle was throwing any codes?
Hi, no my car wasn't throwing any codes which is what made it so impossible to diagnose. Sounds like you're having the same issue I was having. I replaced the High-pressure fuel pump and that solved it but a few months later I had a timing chain issue. Stalled out a few times in traffic and had to replace the chain tensioner, guides, the VVT valves, and camshaft adjustment magnets. I mention this because my mechanic asked me if I had issues with my fuel pump prior. He said this HPFP failing is an early indicator that your timing chain is stretched.

I would get it looked at because I skipped timing in traffic and nearly blew my whole engine. The pump runs off of the camshafts which run off the timing chain so they are all related. As much as the work cost me, still cheaper than a new motor.

Hope this helps and doesn't scare you! But I think it's worth checking. Cheers,
The following users liked this post:
REHA4GA (05-21-2024)