TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TT RS BBK for the rear...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 08:09 AM
Previously “CALE262”

Received 64 Likes on 40 Posts
Default TT RS BBK for the rear...

I love my new TT RS, the way is sounds, the power it puts down and the way it drives in general but there is always room for improvement. If there is one place I think Audi cheaper out on was the rear brakes. I believe the rear brakes are the same as the TTS and the VW R, I’m not saying they’re terrible brake but I expected a little something more from an RS. I have a BBK front and rear on my GTI from HPA Motorsports, its a 4pot kit made by Baer to HPA’s specs, it is a very good system IME so I’m thinking of adding the rear BBK that HPA makes for the TTS/R. I believe the front TT RS brakes are made by Brembo which may also be an option I may explore for the sake of uniformity.
Attached Thumbnails TT RS BBK for the rear...-adf4378d-3371-42c5-af1d-7d4d965e6a68.jpeg   TT RS BBK for the rear...-b553a09a-b3b9-4592-b3b2-f827b5bc462d.jpeg  
Old 10-30-2017, 01:17 PM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

OP,

So what did you find out and what did you end up doing ???

Luv to see some completed pictures ........
Old 10-30-2017, 11:48 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Received 64 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
OP,

So what did you find out and what did you end up doing ???

Luv to see some completed pictures ........

At the moment I’m torn.

HPA Motorsports in Vancouver (Langley) has offered me a good deal on their rear brakes and I am considering it but they would like me to come out to them (~1000km drive) for the install so they can confirm that they are a direct bolt in (VW MK7 Golf R:. Brakes) and if not they can make the needed changes in their shop. I was leaning this way before doing some more research, particularly to the MK2 TT RS rear BBK.

William from MSSkit suspension out of the UK, had with his 8J TT RS. He had tested RS6 brakes and then in the end he simply used some brackets to increase the rotor size from 310 to 335 (RS6 Rotor) and the stock 8J rear callipers. 034 Motorsports later made a kit to do the exact same (Link to 034s kit), I may go this route and maybe the same kit will work for our MK3 8S TT RS. I think I’ll drop William a line as he has also acquire a new MK3 TT RS of his own after doing some extensive track work with their development car. My biggest worry is ruining the balance Audi has created here, William had said that he is incredibly happy with his 8S after some suspension tweaks on the track and likens the track performance to a 911...That’s a big statement (re 911) and I really cant wait to receive his suspension which I’ve preordered.

More research to be done but winter is settling in, snow forecast for tomorrow and I’m not really rushing into this as I wouldn't install anything in the car until maybe March anyway.

Last edited by BRKNJMPR; 10-30-2017 at 11:53 PM.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:52 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by BRKNJMPR
At the moment I’m torn.

HPA Motorsports in Vancouver (Langley) has offered me a good deal on their rear brakes and I am considering it but they would like me to come out to them (~1000km drive) for the install so they can confirm that they are a direct bolt in (VW MK7 Golf R:. Brakes) and if not they can make the needed changes in their shop. I was leaning this way before doing some more research, particularly to the MK2 TT RS rear BBK.

William from MSSkit suspension out of the UK, had with his 8J TT RS. He had tested RS6 brakes and then in the end he simply used some brackets to increase the rotor size from 310 to 335 (RS6 Rotor) and the stock 8J rear callipers. 034 Motorsports later made a kit to do the exact same (Link to 034s kit), I may go this route and maybe the same kit will work for our MK3 8S TT RS. I think I’ll drop William a line as he has also acquire a new MK3 TT RS of his own after doing some extensive track work with their development car. My biggest worry is ruining the balance Audi has created here, William had said that he is incredibly happy with his 8S after some suspension tweaks on the track and likens the track performance to a 911...That’s a big statement (re 911) and I really cant wait to receive his suspension which I’ve preordered.

More research to be done but winter is settling in, snow forecast for tomorrow and I’m not really rushing into this as I wouldn't install anything in the car until maybe March anyway.
Thanks for the Up-Date.
I don't jump into anything until I'm positive it's going to do exactly what it's suppose to.
So, I'm agreeing with you, stay calm, take your time, and then make the final move/decision.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribed.