TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TT-RS Center Caps

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2024, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default TT-RS Center Caps

I have a MK3 TTS with an extra set of TT-RS wheels. Just for a change, I've decided to switch to the RS wheels which were missing center caps. I ordered center caps from Audi Wilsonville in Oregon, but I'm having trouble getting the caps to stay on. I am wondering if there is a trick to it or if these are actually the wrong caps. They were expensive since they are genuine Audi caps - Part 4BO601170A. But I wanted them to fit perfectly and wanted genuine part quality, so I was willing to pay for them. If anyone has any tips, I'd appreciate it! Including some photos. As you can see, it looks like the cap does not recess fully into the center hole.

(I will reach out to Audi Wilsonville. They are actually very nice to deal with. But I bought them about a year ago and are only now putting them on.)

The following users liked this post:
Todd Register (06-22-2024)
Old 06-21-2024, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I found this image here on AudiWorld with the center cap looking more recessed in the hole. https://www.audiworld.com/forums/market/3003894
Old 06-22-2024, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks to me like you got the wrong caps. I checked on AudiUSAParts.com and got a different number for the 20" TTRS wheels: 8W0-601-170-B

Old 06-22-2024, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks @dpenso! The correct cap also looks more glossy as the one I have is more matte. I've reached out to the dealer to see if they can help out.
Old 06-22-2024, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Wrong caps.....
vwpassion (06-23-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I would third or fourth that the dealer gave the wrong caps for those wheels. Also, it's up to you, but my replacement cap came off Ebay for a whole lot less than the dealer. But, make sure you get the right part # (noted above).

The Ebay replacement fit perfectly and looks the same as the other three that were from the factory, which are glossy/chrome. If it fades for any reason, I will just get another one. But, it has been on there for months now and no issues so far.

Also, I sold the other matte colored one on Ebay that, while it loosely fit, did not match the originals.
vwpassion (06-23-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 11:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Perfect close up photo @Todd Register . Thanks for this!
Todd Register (06-24-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 11:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by paisk01
I would third or fourth that the dealer gave the wrong caps for those wheels. Also, it's up to you, but my replacement cap came off Ebay for a whole lot less than the dealer. But, make sure you get the right part # (noted above).

The Ebay replacement fit perfectly and looks the same as the other three that were from the factory, which are glossy/chrome. If it fades for any reason, I will just get another one. But, it has been on there for months now and no issues so far.

Also, I sold the other matte colored one on Ebay that, while it loosely fit, did not match the originals.
Definitely have concluded the dealer gave me the wrong caps. I've reached out to them and will let y'all know if they are willing to exchange them for the correct ones. It's my fault for waiting so long to install them, but I didn't think an Audi dealer would have given me the wrong set. Ultimately that is what happened.

@paisk01 I had considered Ebay prior to purchasing these. But I have always been concerned about longevity and whether the finish on a part like this would hold up over time. Would be great to see how the one you got looks after a few years. I just felt like wheels take a lot of abuse - heat, brake dust, wheel cleaner, etc.
Old 06-24-2024, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Makes sense - here is the listing I bought on Ebay AUDI Center Cap MATTE SATIN BLACK 2017 - 2020 OEM # 8W0 601 170B LTZ
US $14.99 plus shipping of 4.99. I saw the same thing listed by audi dealers on line for about $50 each! Note the part number and you can see a pic of it too.

I do spray the caps with a ceramic spray to help protect them too. So far, it all looks and fits perfectly.

Old 06-24-2024, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Wheel cap pics

Here are pics of two caps from my car - see if you can tell which one is from eBay and which one is original from 2018 (one is in natural light, the other unnatural) with 24K miles on it

Natural lighting

Unnatural lighting
vwpassion (06-24-2024)

Quick Reply: TT-RS Center Caps