TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TT/TTS Rear Seat latch issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2024, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default TT/TTS Rear Seat latch issue

I searched around for fixes of the TT rear seats when they are stuck in the up position (where when you push the release lever, the seat back latch does not disengage and fold forward). I found very little info but mainly wanted a diagram of the back seats to know how to take them apart with minimal effort and also to get an idea of the latch cable layout prior to disassembly. I found the problem and wanted to share an easy fix here. Basically, a common issue is the cable attaching to the latch may come off its cable guide, thus making the latch inoperable. It is quick and easy to spot just by removing the seat lever trim. The fix is to pull the cable back onto the cable guide. No need to purchase a new latch cable unless there was some sort of damage to the cable.

Including some snapshots of the cable guide as well as full diagram of the back seats. Plus, the 1 place to pry to remove the latch trim so you can do this with precision.
This is on a MK3 TTS Coupe which should be the same for all MK3/8S Coupes (TT, TTS, TT-RS).

Pushing the seat latch would not release the seat.

Photo of seat release latch trim and where to pry. For the driver side (left in the US) latch, there is a tab under the right side of the trim. Pry here and the trim will easily pop off. - I recommend using a plastic pry tool to prevent damage to the trim or surrounding area. But a flathead screwdriver would work.

Photo of cable off guide

Rear seats diagram

The following users liked this post:
kevin#34 (05-28-2024)