TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TTS ... Rear Suspension Noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ocean1
Not that I could find. I am at dealer again on Monday for suspension inspection. Will give an update on Monday night.
My painful experience is that Europe and North America use a different TSB System. Might take 6-12 months for a TSB to be issued for North America.
Dealers use this as an excuse to do nothing. You may have to be very persistent, and complain to Audi USA.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Can_Quattro
My painful experience is that Europe and North America use a different TSB System. Might take 6-12 months for a TSB to be issued for North America.
Dealers use this as an excuse to do nothing. You may have to be very persistent, and complain to Audi USA.
I searched quite a bit and wasn't able to locate the euro TSB (or their equivalent). Let me know if you can help there.

I agree. I am prepared to do that. It really is more than just a minor annoyance.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
fwiw I have none of the thump/clunk anomalies cited here and elsewhere. Being a factory just-in-time vendor supply system I wonder if some under spec'd parts crept into the supply chain (my build 08 Oct 15)?
Well, I used to know to find my build date on door / inner door frame sticker on previous Audis but no such date seems to exist on my TTS. Is this on our cars anywhere?
Old 01-12-2016, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

That was the build date I got from Audi at the time. I'm unaware of any code on the car other than the VIN (but which likely does contain some data on same).

Well, I used to know to find my build date on door / inner door frame sticker on previous Audis but no such date seems to exist on my TTS. Is this on our cars anywhere?
Old 01-12-2016, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
That was the build date I got from Audi at the time. I'm unaware of any code on the car other than the VIN (but which likely does contain some data on same).
Actually I looked to quickly earlier. It is still on the sticker. 10/15 build for me.
Old 01-13-2016, 03:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Well, I guess I should look and verify as well. Thanks.

Actually I looked to quickly earlier. It is still on the sticker. 10/15 build for me.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi all, just an update should anyone else is experiencing this. The rear shock strut mounts need to be replaced (I've never had that happen on a new car) but they are on back order and project delivery is in a few weeks. Very disappointing as this is my first Audi.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tfenton02
Hi all, just an update should anyone else is experiencing this. The rear shock strut mounts need to be replaced (I've never had that happen on a new car) but they are on back order and project delivery is in a few weeks. Very disappointing as this is my first Audi.
Thanks. Since I am going on Monday to deal with this can you share more info? Do you have TTS, US model and did your dealer have that as a solution from AUDI USA (TSB?) or was that diagnosed by your service Dept? Trying to get all my ducks in a row so I don't waste another day at service dealing with this.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Of course that just cites October of 2015 and not the day of the month.

Old 01-17-2016, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tfenton02
tfenton02, wondering if you had any more details on this. Anything would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: TTS ... Rear Suspension Noise