TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Wheel Size and Offset

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wheel Size and Offset

With all the discussions concerning 20" wheels, it's got me thinking about moving to a 19" setup on my '18 TTRS. I'm not a fan of the Black Optics wheels anyway.

What would be the appropriate 19" tire equivalent to the 20" tires I have now, and what would be the correct offset for the wheels. I assume a 19" rim will clear the calipers.

Any rim manufacturer recommendations would be appreciated as well.

A big THANK YOU in advance!
Old 11-17-2017, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

A typical stocker 19" setup is a 19x9" ET52 wheel with 255/35-19 tire. Many aftermarket wheels are 8.5" wide, which is fine. An offset of 46mm would put it at the same outer position as the stock 19" wheel. Many wheels have a lower offset which will extend the wheel out further as the offset number is reduced.

These calculators can help you compare to your own setup:

Wheel Offset Calculator | 1010Tires.com Discount Online Tire and Wheel Store

Last edited by DissenTTS; 11-17-2017 at 05:50 AM.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

On my TTS, I went for the Hartmann 19”. Offset 47. It was very close, but worked great. Details/pics on my old thread. (Mounted Conti DWS - nice setup.)

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-.../#post24916617

i am HOPING these will work on My soon to arrive TTRS. Dealer says that they should work.

Last edited by BlackOptic; 11-17-2017 at 06:20 AM.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DissenTTS
A typical stocker 19" setup is a 19x9" ET52 wheel with 255/35-19 tire. Many aftermarket wheels are 8.5" wide, which is fine. An offset of 46mm would put it at the same outer position as the stock 19" wheel. Many wheels have a lower offset which will extend the wheel out further as the offset number is reduced.

These calculators can help you compare to your own setup:

Wheel Offset Calculator 1010Tires.com Discount Online Tire and Wheel Store
Thanks!
Old 11-17-2017, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
On my TTS, I went for the Hartmann 19”. Offset 47. It was very close, but worked great. Details/pics on my old thread. (Mounted Conti DWS - nice setup.)

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-.../#post24916617

i am HOPING these will work on My soon to arrive TTRS. Dealer says that they should work.
Nice wheels! Thanks for your reply.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:32 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Received 64 Likes on 40 Posts

A caveat to this info...Not all 19"x8.5/9" with the mentioned offset will clear the front callipers. I ordered a set of 19x8.5 wheels from Vorstiener but before I did I sent them a message asking...they told me their ET45 wheels would work and that they had already test fit the TTRS with said wheels...the wheels showed up and they weren't even close because of the spoke design. I sent them another email telling them they didn't fit and then they told me that they would work with a 7mm spacer...the shop I took them to tried up to 20mm to get them to clear the calliper but then the wheels poked out ~10mm which isn't acceptable to me. I sent this info off to Vorstiener and they insisted I send them a picture as they stood by their guns insisting they would fit with a 7mm spacer (maybe they were thinking of the TTS)...I went and borrowed some 15mm spacers which didn't work but they allowed me to take a picture to prove they wouldn't fit. After they received the picture they agreed to accept the wheels for a refund, they sent me the shipping labels and once they had received the wheels they refunded me what I initially paid minus the shipping fees, that didn't make me happy.

I went back to my local shop and asked them if they could find me a set of wheels (19x8.5-9.5) which would fit the car as winter was coming. They called Nuespeed and they sent me a 19x9ET40 wheel with wide spoke clearance and their "top wheel guy" said these would fit without a doubt...they didn't fit either but I decided I would keep them and had custom wheels pacers (5MM wheelspacers.ca) made and everything was good for now...I'm not a fan of running spacers so I wasn't terribly excited but the wheels look nice and I have no vibration issues with them and the spacer.

So not all wheels will fit even with the proper (provided by the wheel man.) offset etc. I wanted to order a nice set of Forged wheels for summer use but was scared to put down the money for a custom wheels that may not fit but I see that Tirerack has now included the 2018 TT RS in their database with a list of fitting wheels, I ordered a set of 19x9ET38 OZ Racing "Rally" wheels and they fit like a glove. I would be incline to send you to their website to peruse their selected wheel choices prior to ordering.

Cheers.

Last edited by BRKNJMPR; 11-17-2017 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If you go to the Neuspeed web site and configure for a TT-RS they come up with 19x9ET45... wonder if those would fit without spacers.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:21 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Received 64 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Data1of9
If you go to the Neuspeed web site and configure for a TT-RS they come up with 19x9ET45... wonder if those would fit without spacers.
This is the same thing Vorsteiner told me...I bought the Neuspeed RSe102ET40 and they required a 5mm spacer effectively making it an 19x9ET35 so I would say no to the Neuspeed website...I think the manufacturers are a little confused here as a 19x8.5ET45 fits a TTS perfectly and they know that the TT RS comes with a factory 19 wheel then they must be the same as the TTS which they are not.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You're right. If you configure for a plain TT, the Neuspeed site comes up with the exact same wheel.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I run the Neuspeed 19x9 ET45 RSe102s with no problems. Made a fitment thread on the other forum, I'll post some info here later when on a computer, but suggest you just go find the fitment thread as it has other ideas too.

Quick Reply: Wheel Size and Offset