TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

When Do TT RS Exhaust Flaps Open And Close On Sports Exhuast ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 11:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by USe-car
Guys, I'm new to this forum and don't have a car yet, but isn't there a fuse that you could pull so that the muffler valves are always open? I know that the Corvettes and ZL1 Camaros have a fuse that controls the opening and closing of the muffler valves and pulling it allows the valve to stay open all the time.
Yes you can force them open all the time but that's not what I want. I want to be able to open then fully when I want and close them when I don't want them fully open.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be watching this thread closely. I was going crazy tonight with all the switching back and forth between open and closed. I so wish it was vacuum based like the 8J so we could just zip tie it and be done. Honestly I think someone like AWE in particular, needs to come out with a proper 'Switch Path' system for the car so A. it doesn't sound like a Prius compared to the MK2 B. And we can manually control the valves at all times.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

REVIVE>>>>>>>>> I want the flaps open all the time! Anyone know the fuse? I want sport mode exhaust full time. thank you
Old 05-30-2018, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't you just press the button to keep them open all the time, regardless of mode? Isn't that what the sports exhaust button does is open the flaps?
Old 05-30-2018, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

No, the button makes them open more often, but they are closed when at idle or with very little gas applied, and flap open and shut as you decellerate off gas and so forth. Happens on my 2018 TT RS all the time, and is annoying. You would think sport mode means open all the time, but nope!
Old 05-31-2018, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 79 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by ormandj
No, the button makes them open more often, but they are closed when at idle or with very little gas applied, and flap open and shut as you decellerate off gas and so forth. Happens on my 2018 TT RS all the time, and is annoying. You would think sport mode means open all the time, but nope!
Not exactly my experience. I run mostly in the Dynamic setting with the tranny set to Drive mode and one push of the sport mode on the exhaust will keep the exhaust fully open all the time. If I put the tranny into Sport mode, I have observed the behavior you describe wether I leave it in Sport or shift back to Drive unless I hit the exhaust button again.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have the same experience that ORMANDJ has

its annoying. I think there is a connector underneath the car that control the valves. Im going to unplug it tonight and see.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting. I have only a test drive in Dynamic / Manual to go by but it sounded like the valves were open 100% of the time during my test. I will leave it to you owners to report back definitively.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

I laid my seats down past few days and I have to say that the pops and burbles are a lot more than I could hear with them up. Might have to leave them down.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just want to do a rear seat delete

Quick Reply: When Do TT RS Exhaust Flaps Open And Close On Sports Exhuast ?