Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air bag warning module help pleaase

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 06:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air bag warning module help pleaase

Hi I am a complete novice but ill try to explain this problem I am having hoping these are some Audi geniuses out these who may be able to help.

I have recently bought a 51plate 1.8T Audi a4. The air bag warning light has been on since I acquired this vehicle 2 months ago. This is registered as a Cat D.

I have had the codes read by a local garage who advised they have spoken to audi and they have advised me to replaced the module which you know is not cheap.

The fault codes are
01218 fried air bag igniter upper limit reached pass side n200.
01217 fried air bag igniter upper limit reached n199.
0003 control module malfunction.

I have been advised that I need to replace the module? If I do will this fix the problem? And will it have to be re-coded?

Also I have been advised that there are company’s out there that can reset my existing module?

Last but not least I need to obtain the correct part number from the existing module I have heard this is located behind the centre console and the radio will have to come out is this correct?

Thanks again for anybody that can offer any advice on any of the above its greatly appreciated.

Steve
Old 08-17-2010, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Post a complete Auto-Scan from the Vehicle in question please - not just a brief excerpt.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Theresias
Post a complete Auto-Scan from the Vehicle in question please - not just a brief excerpt.

Thanks for the repsonse ill have to speak to my friend cause to be honest i have no idea what im doing he just advised me that these are the codes that come up when scanning for air bag faults and that audi technical have advised to replace the air bag module.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

ive replaced the module now but i have been advised that the new air bag module will need to be reprogrammed and this can only be done through Audi or somebody that has Access to VAG is this correct.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

The new module will need coded. This can be done at the dealer using the VAS scan tool Or VCDS (VAG-COM Diagnostic System).

The Auto-Scan Sebastian mentioned would have come from VCDS as explained here: Interactive Manual, Auto Scan Screen
Old 08-26-2010, 03:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dana @ Ross-Tech
The new module will need coded. This can be done at the dealer using the VAS scan tool Or VCDS (VAG-COM Diagnostic System).

The Auto-Scan Sebastian mentioned would have come from VCDS as explained here: Interactive Manual, Auto Scan Screen

Thank you i assume there is a charge for this software?

thanks for taking the time to reply im a complete notice to any of this stuff its all a foriegn langauge to me
Old 08-27-2010, 05:04 AM
Audiworld Premium Sponsor

The terminiology "51 plate" is not used anywhere execept in the UK. Please tell us the model year. Not the year it was registered, or placed in service, or built, but the model year. If you don't know, please give us the first 12 or so digits of the VIN.

There is a free version of VCDS called VCDS-Lite. It is somewhat restricted in functionality, and does not work many of the latest cars, but it would still be better than something which produces code texts that mention "fried" parts.

-Uwe-
Old 08-27-2010, 05:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks

My VIN is WAUZZZ8E12A062146 Audi A4 1.8T

yes i have downloaded the lite version but if im being honest i am not even a novice, my friend would probably understand better thanks for taking the time to reply
Old 08-27-2010, 06:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks My VIN is WAUZZZ8E12A062146 Audi A4 1.8T

I have downloaded the Lite version but i have not really got the knowledge or experiance to use it. My friend would be more qualified to do so.

Thannks for taking the time to respond
Old 08-27-2010, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Steve has a 2002 (8E) A4. (Confirmed via IM)

You can go the third party cable direction and purchase a software license for VCDS-Lite from us. If you do this, please realize we cannot provide support if you have connectivity or driver issues. The cost of the SWL is $99.00 USD and the cable would be from the vendor of your choice.
3.3 Can I buy an Interface adapter somewhere else?
VCDS-Lite Software Registration

-OR-

You could purchase a KII-USB interface directly from us, or one of our Authorized Distributors. We can provide support and you can install the software on as many PC's as you want.
Distributor List
KII-USB Interface

Quick Reply: air bag warning module help pleaase