VAG-COM Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

already STFA, and found nothing... is there a specific location in the bentley manual

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default already STFA, and found nothing... is there a specific location in the bentley manual

where I can find part numbers for components??? I've searched for part numbers for coilpacks for like an hour, and i cannot find anything? what good is this $90 CD if we can't even get part numbers from it?
Old 10-25-2006, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Bentley CD/manual is for diagnosis/repair only....

Their repair information has never included parts numbers or prices. Not sure why you think it should.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default because its $90... don't get me wrong its a great tool but, if VAG can tell you with DTC

what part numbers you need to replace, I don't see why it can't have a Parts Catalogue also included in the benltey manual... I "check for updates" weekly, and there are constantly updates that get downloaded, if part numbers are constantly changing, couldn't this also be updated? like having an Illustrated Parts Breakdown...

just wondering
Old 10-25-2006, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default For what it's worth, I spend about 8-10 grand/year for service information.....

through my shop, and none of it includes part numbers except in the case of bulletins/recalls. Service information is released on a limited basis to the general public because, by law, the manufacturer has to. They're a little more protective of similar parts information, as there's nothing in place that says they have to release that info.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default if by "similar parts" you mean something like compatible parts, then I understand that

because the manufacturer will lose money by having customers go elsewhere for cheaper parts... if i could just have an OEM part number from bentley, i'd be happy, that way i could call the dealership and get that part, instead of arguing with them over the phone because they insist one part is one thing, but you know its not... see where i'm going???
Old 10-25-2006, 08:35 AM
Audiworld Premium Sponsor

Default FWIW, VAG-COM fault codes (or factory ones) don't include part numbers

They include DIN Component Identifiers:<ul><li><a href="http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/tour/dtc_screen.html">http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/tour/dtc_screen.html</a</li></ul>
Old 10-25-2006, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default not quite what I meant....

I meant similar information, meaning they are bound by law to release service information, but not parts information.

So yeah, I get what you mean, and unfortunately, there are good parts guys, mediocre parts guys and bad parts guys. Having been in that part of the business as well for years, I've seen them all.

What it basically boils down to is when you get a code for something like N75 fault, you can't call a mediocre or bad parts guy and use that term.....you have to tell them "boost pressure control valve."
Old 10-25-2006, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default yeah, just looked at a few a friend had on my jump drive... don't know why

i thought they did... PLEASE DISREGARD THIS POST...