Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Potential fix for seat back memory issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Potential fix for seat back memory issues

I posted this to the A6 forum but wanted to cross post it here since the fix involved VAG-COM. The problem I had was that when I pushed a driver's seat memory button on my C5 A6, everything would work fine, except that the seat back would insist on coming all the way forward, which was very annoying...

I have apparently fixed my possessed seat back using VAG-COM. Let me point out from the start that a VAG-COM scan turned up no stored DTCs for the driver's seat memory. As always, YMMV on this procedure and I assume no responsibility whatsoever if you fool around with VAG-COM and mess up something.

Steps I took:

- Put key in ignition and turn to "Run" position so that dashboard warning lamps come on
- Connect VAG-COM to car and launch software
- Choose "Select Control Module"
- Click "36 - Seat Mem. Drvr."
- Click "Adaptation - 10"
- Enter 00 in "Channel Number:" if it's not already there and click "Read" (this should produce a notice in the read-out boxes about how saving with channel 00 entered will reset the module to factory settings)
- Click "Save" (your seat memory should now be blank and your memory buttons should be ineffective)
- Click "Done, Go Back" and reverse out of the remaining screens until you get to VAG-COM home
- Disconnect VAG-COM from the OBD plug
- Set your seat, mirrors, and steering wheel to where you want them and store your settings by holding down the "M" button and then pressing your desired stored memory position button (1, 2, or 3) until you hear the clicks
- Adjust your seat bottom and seat back, then press the seat memory button you just set. If all goes well, your seat back should now behave as it did before the demons came along

Good luck!