Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

reprograming central locking to not open rear hatch

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reprograming central locking to not open rear hatch

I have not had much luck searching for information on how to reprogram the central locking to not unlock/open the rear hatch on my '99 A4 Avant. Yesterday I spent many hours with a Ross-Tech Vag-com trying different combinations of codes and nothing worked. Im programed with the basic code #16140 right now. The way it's set up is push unlock once to open the drivers door and fuel door. Then push again to unlock the rest of the doors and rear hatch. I do not want the rear hatch to open unless I push the center button on the remote specifically for the hatch. When I unlock all the doors I have to go around and close the rear hatch before getting in the car. Is there an option to remove the rear hatch from the unlock all doors function?

Jason
Old 03-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Audiworld Premium Sponsor

Understand that you can only "program" things which Audi made a provision for in the first place. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of a provision on the central locking system of your car which will get result in the behavior that you desire.

-Uwe-
Old 03-09-2010, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Is it normal for the rear hatch to open when you unlock all the doors? or should it just unlock? I'll have to dig through the service manual to figure out if I can separate the open and unlock functions of the central locking on the rear hatch.

Jason
Old 03-09-2010, 06:13 AM
Audiworld Premium Sponsor

As I've never owned a B5 Avant, I don't know what's normal and what's not. You should consider asking this in a model-specific forum, where everyone that hangs out has one.

-Uwe-
Old 03-09-2010, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason Gerard
Is it normal for the rear hatch to open when you unlock all the doors? or should it just unlock? I'll have to dig through the service manual to figure out if I can separate the open and unlock functions of the central locking on the rear hatch.

Jason
I know it doesn't on the B8, there is a setting in the MMI where you can disable the trunk unlocking unless you hit the middle button, no VCDS needed.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the help so far-

What I have done for now was to unplug the solenoid that pulls on the handle to open the rear hatch. The remote unlocks the hatch, but I have to actually operate the handle now to open the it.

Jason