VAG-COM Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uwe, Andy, or any other Ross experts: Is there an COM-Port emulator for my HEX-USB??? (more)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 01:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uwe, Andy, or any other Ross experts: Is there an COM-Port emulator for my HEX-USB??? (more)

I originally purchased the HEX-USB for as we all know, USB is a lot more compatible with the newer GUI Operating Systems. However, besides the Ross-Tech software, doesnt seem like any other program out there is able to utilize the HEX-USB--for they all connect to RS232 COM ports.

I purchased the HEX-USB originally so that I can use more than just the Ross-Tech software (though it doesnt seem like you guys condone it). Is there anything I can do? I know there are emulator drivers and software that can emulate the USB into a visible "COM xx" port, so I can use programs that use legacy communication ports.

I am trying to play around with the Lemmiwinks as well as GIAC's new Mobile Tuner software, which both will not work with my HEX-USB--my connection options are COM1 - COM4 ONLY.

Thanks
Old 04-17-2004, 05:32 PM
Audiworld Premium Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, e-mail me next week, I'm out of town at the moment, working from my laptop.