Vag-com engine>measuring block

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vag-com engine>measuring block

Hi all

Newbie here so please be patient and go easy on me

I am currently having problems with my A5, I received my vag-com today (cool bit of kit) but I am having problems access the measuring blocks section from the engine module. It is currently greyed out and cannot be accessed.

The only option I can access is advanced measuring blocks but from some of the guides I have seen online I do need access to the basic measuring blocks option.

Can anyone advise me further please?
Old 07-12-2012, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

58 views and not one reply? Surely someone must have an idea
Old 07-12-2012, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ianreay
58 views and not one reply? Surely someone must have an idea
Since you have a legitimate copy of VCDS, I would contact Ross-Tech directly.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:12 AM
Audiworld Premium Sponsor

Your car uses the UDS protocol. There are no standard measuring values which is why the 08 function is grayed out. All are done using the Advanced Measuring Values. See: http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/adv-meas-blocks.html and in particular pay attention to the sentences about UDS/ODX/ASAM protocol

Basic Settings are also performed using UDS. Basic Settings in UDS appear as drop down options. Again I point you to the manual but to the Basic Settings section: http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/b-settings.html and again, pay attention to the sentences about UDS/ODX/ASAM protocol

What exactly are you trying to do?
Old 07-13-2012, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the answers its appreciated.

I need to try a throttle body alignment also a DPF regeneration. But the guides I have read say I need access to basic measuring blocks. So unless I can access the basic option I dont think I can do either?
Old 07-13-2012, 09:02 AM
Audiworld Premium Sponsor

Basic Settings (as already stated) and Adaptations are done through a drop down box found in those areas of the controller. It is possible, as we say in the manual to which I pointed you, that your car is so new that VCDS does not have the label file for your control module.

Without a full autoscan from your car, I can't really crystal ball what you need to do. Just telling us I have an A5 - tells us just about nothing by which we might be able to assist.

Post an autoscan and maybe we can direct you further.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Throttle Adaptation

You do not state if the car is new or used, and so since you are DIY, I am going to assume that you have a used car that is no longer under warranty... If you have a MIL on and the VAG-COM says you need to perform Throttle Adaptation, then it is simple... follow the Ross-Tech instructions for a UDS system as pointed out by earlier reply...

If you have other DTC's such as MAP/MAF Throttle Correlation problems and Low Air Flow... then the throttle body plenum plate is sticking to the wall of the TB and does not open at the specified angle for the gas peddle input, and those errors will continue until you clean that up...

Take the air hose off and push against the plenum... you can feel it sticking to the wall... if this is the case, just spray a small amount of carb cleaner along the edge and work the plenum flap until it doesn't stick to the wall...

Hope this helps
Old 09-25-2012, 08:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What cable are you using? I have not had any cars where I could not access either version of the MVB's.