VAG-COM Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vag com for Palm or pocket pc

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 01:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vag com for Palm or pocket pc

I am sure it is in here somewhere, but does Vag com work on a palm or Pocket pc. I don't own a laptop and don't want to purchase one just to use the diagnostic tool. Any help folks??? How is the prodiag on palm?
Old 07-13-2004, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

vag check works on pocket PC
Old 07-13-2004, 01:08 PM
CEB
AudiWorld Super User

Default ProDiag does most of what VAG-COM does on a palm....

...I've used it for about a year now on several different palms. Works great. Steve provides good support too.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:19 PM
Perpetually confused

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Had prodiag for about a month...

running on a palm T3, works fine, recoded the transmission, central locking, tracked down and fixed a vacuum leak and found the faulty bits in my Navi, logged and graphed the airflow through my MAF, found a sporadic loose ground in my front speakers etc. Seems pretty comprehensive, maybe not as thorough as VAG but so far so good and as I'm a Mac person it was pretty much my only option......
Old 07-13-2004, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Had prodiag for about a month...

So if I understand correctly, Prodiag will allow me to change codes and such on my ECU like VAG COM? It will allow me to reset service intervals, code my tranny,etc.... Are the codes the same as VAG COM? Thanks
Old 07-14-2004, 12:04 AM
Perpetually confused

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default yep....

you can do all that :-) the method and the codes are exactly the same as are the information fields- what you will be able to do will depend on your car and the ecus present but you will definately have the engine and transmission modules. On some you can fiddle with headlight settings and stuff. Prodiag comes with a built in data base for a bunch of cars, though mine, 2000 A8 was not included. No problemo, prodiag will scan your car and pull up the modules for you, you can then save it to the list. I got :01 Engine electronics, 02 Transmission, 03 Brakes, 08 AC and heating, 17 Instrument cluster, 35 Central locking, 37 Navigation, 45 Internal monitoring, 56 Radio, 16 Steering wheel controls, 25 Immobilizer. The codes are VAG standardised and are generated by the ECU, whether it be the drivetrain/tranmission etc. You get the VAG code plus a brief description ie: "16826: Evaporative Emmission System:Leak detected (small leak) -sporadic " You can then reference either Bentley or alldatadiy.com which will give you procedures to locate and fix the problem. Check the shadetree website for screen shots of the graphing and logging features. I'm hoping to get Tomtom navigation on my Palm too, then I can have that and prodiag running on one small handheld i can stash in my glovebox.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default In your case, you are better off with a generic OBDII scanner.

VAG COM will not give you the generic OBDII functionality that you are looking for either, unless they have changed that situation lately.

All the information that you are looking for, and more, is available with ProDiag and VAG COM, it is just not displayed all together like OBDII tools do it. In a "classroom" environment where you need to do specific operations for specific generic data only on the engine, a generic OBDII tool is exactly what you need. I am sorry that ProDiag did not suit your needs at this time.

FWIW, in the ~1k ProDiag systems that we have sold, we have had only one return. While that is one more than we would like, it is not too bad IMO.