Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

Anyone have the TSW VX1? Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-1999, 06:01 PM
Wheel Pollster

Default Anyone have the TSW VX1? Thoughts?

I've never seen this on ANY car. Too spindly? I think it looks cool in pictures.<p>First try with the pictures. Don't know if it'll work.
Old 01-19-1999, 06:12 PM
Pollster

Default Oh, the above post has a picture for you're viewing pleasure. (eom)

don't look here!
Old 01-19-1999, 07:31 PM
JMW

Haven't seen it on an A4, but have seen it on a bunch of hondas, too bad, good looking wheel
Old 01-19-1999, 08:30 PM
James

Default You've never seen them on any car?

Hey Pollster,<p>The Venom, as the VX1's are called in Europe, are hugely popular there. You can see them on every car because it's made by TSW, and TSW makes wheels to fit every car out there. :-)<br>I've seen them on a few cars here in Vancouver as well, one was at my school last term.<p>If you want them, yes, they will fit the A4. Also, look into the trick center cap. It really finishes the wheel.<p>James Wu<br>A4 Club of Vancouver<br>1998 Black/Onyx 1.8tqa<ul><li><a href="http://vancouver.a4.org">A4 Club of Vancouver</a></li></ul>
Old 01-19-1999, 10:41 PM
Ali B

Default I've seen them on cars, don't get them ...

the spokes really bulge out and I found it very ugly from the side (unless you like bulging wheels!). This makes them very prone to scratching when you park. One car that had them on had major damage to both wheels on the right side form curb damage.<br>
Old 01-20-1999, 12:32 AM
Edmund L

Default Kinda nice head-on, but wierd from the side (more)

Like what someone else said, they bulge like crazy and kinda stick out from the wheel - i think it looks kinda wierd because of that myself. That being said, i have a set of Brabus Monoblock V's, which many believe to be a similar looking wheel to wheels like the VX1, Mille Migla Glide II's, whatever....i personally like my rims more then the VX1 or MM's, because they just look right, if that makes any sense. <p>You know what actually looks really cool? Besides the Hammans, TSW Trophys look really good mounted up on an A4 - i saw an 18" set on a silver one, looked pretty sweet. =)<p>Edmund Louie<br>98 A4Q 30V
Old 01-20-1999, 07:27 AM
MichaelB

Default There's a pic of a silver A4 in the Gallery (follow link)

I had them in my mind, then choose another wheel (Azev Type F). I think I would have gotten tired of the VX1's, as I don't consider them a classic design. They are definitely "in" right now, and everyone is copying it. A much nicer version of the VX1 in my opinion is the Radius wheel. I was also worried about cramming them into a curb, which looks rather easy considering how much the spokes protrude.<p>Mike<ul><li><a href="http://www.a4.org/gallery/silver4.shtml">Silver A4 w/ VX1's</a></li></ul>