Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

Bad price quote on Nokian WR's...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 08:21 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad price quote on Nokian WR's...

Hey all...I've posted several times over the past few weeks that I ordered the 17" Nokian WR's 225-45-17H) at $149.95 installed. Well, I just spoke to the tire dealer this morning, because several people have been calling Jack Williams Tire in Allentown to get the same deal. Unfortunately, they made a mistake. I was the first customer to ask them for the tire, and even instructed them to call their distributor and specifically request these tires. The new tire was not yet in their computer system, and the price they quoted me turned out to be incorrect.

Dave at Jack Williams Tire extends his sincere apologies for the error. While he graciously offered to stand by the price he quoted me, he can not offer that price to anybody that calls in (I never discussed a group buy, etc. with him. I originally only asked for a quote for myself).

Their regular prices on two common size Nokian WR's are:
225-45-17H $177.95
205-55-16H $131.95
*prices include mounting, balancing and valve stem fees, but does not include tire disposal fees (for old tires) or state sales tax (6%).

The Audi folks will still be gathering at Jack Williams tire at 10AM this Saturday - 11/9, and we'll head out somewhere local for breakfast. Those of us that will be getting snows installed will get there around 9AM.

Sorry for the mix up.
Old 11-04-2002, 07:33 PM

Default Thanks, RKA--I appreciate seeing the same person continue

a dialogue. I'm on the west coast and so far have had a very difficult time locating the WR--they're apparently still on the docks in Portland--one place quoted me close to what you stated for 215/55/16; another quoted nearly $30 (more!) per tire for the same, but somehow I think he was pricing the NRW.

i'll be anxious to hear how you like the WRs after you get them installed.
Old 11-04-2002, 07:53 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Have you tried emailing Rick at broadwayautoclinic.com?

I've plugged him before...he used to own an S4, and still posts from time to time. He opened up his own shop in Albany NY, and he will sell Nokian's via mail order. His prices are good, and he has the popular sizes for the B5 A4/S4's in stock (not sure about the other sizes, but I'm fairly certain that if Nokian makes it, he can get it in less than a week). If I didn't find a local dealer, I would have ordered from him.

As for my feedback, well, I'm getting the tires installed, but I'm not mounting the wheels on the car next week. I might mount them over Thanksgiving, even though I won't really need them until xmas. I have another car that needs tires NOW, and if I like the WR's on my S4, I'll need to make up my mind, and order a set for the second car. (sheeeesh, I'm looking at $1K in tire purchases this month!)

You'll definitely see some snow and ice reviews in January (typically when Philly will see it's first snow). I want to head out with a local AWer, and do some casual winter tire testing, assuming conditions are ripe for it! :-)<ul><li><a href="http://www.broadwayautoclinic.com">http://www.broadwayautoclinic.com</a</li></ul>