Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

Don't buy from Wheels Boutique (POOR POOR SERVICE)

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't buy from Wheels Boutique (POOR POOR SERVICE)

I have recently bought from a set of wheel and tires from Wheel Boutique in FL (www.wheelboutique.com) and received very bad customer service from them.

I was quoted 2425 including shipping and handling for a set of SSR GT1 plus tires. Since it is such a major purchase, I have asked the Sales Rep "Joe" to fax me a copy of the invoice right after the purchase. I waited a day and did not see that so I called him the next day to remind him that. He said he forgot but would do it that day. Of course, he did not do that. I thought to myself it was no big deal so I would just wait for the wheel. Guess what when I finally received the wheel. I was billed 2525!!!

I called Joe right away regarding the discrepancy and he said he would straighten this out and I should receive the refund in 3 to 6 business days. Two weeks have passed and nothing happened so I called him again. He said he would follow up on it and get me the refund. As usual, nothing happened for days and I called him twice on the following weeks and every time he would say the same thing.

After 4 weeks of this back and forth, "Joe" the finally said 2525 is the correct amount. The extra 100 was for shipping. Damn, I was furious and said this was not the original deal because I asked him repeatedly during the transaction whether that include S&H and he said yes on the phone. I further question him that had he faxed me the invoice as promised, none of this would have happen. You know what he said? He said he had a lot of customers to attend to and he would not have time to do that. If I want to, I can ship the wheels back and get a refund minus a $100 handling charge. I asked for his manager and he told me to call "Danny" extension 205. Guess what, extension 205 does not exist!!!!

Guys, please be wary of "WHEEL BOUTIQUE".

Very pissed SSR Owner
Old 09-04-2003, 11:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yikes. That sucks dude. Sorry
Old 09-05-2003, 09:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If you paid with Visa, do you have recourse through Visa?...

I have had the credit card company withhold payment to a merchant because of a price dispute. Visa will act as mediator and try to resolve the complaint.

Call you credit card company or the bank that issued the card and see if they can help.
Old 09-05-2003, 01:10 PM
Former Vendor

I saw them reply to you on another forum....any resolution yet?
Old 09-06-2003, 06:33 AM

Default Happy Ending - Got my refund

I am very happy to tell the forum that I have just received the $100 refund from Wheels Boutique. Carlos did a great job in straighten out the issue in a timely matter. He sent me an email at 5PM the day that I posted the thread to ask me the cause of the dispute. He then immediately did some research on his part and by 7PM, he notified me that I would get my requested refund.

I am very glad that Wheels Boutique stands by its reputation and good customer service. It is an ethical company who cares for its customer. My experience was mostly caused by the action of a rogue sales rep. who did not adhere to the high standard set by the company.

Thank you to Carlos for resolving the issue. Thank you to the forum for allowing me to air the issue.