Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

Help! My TT wheel was damaged by tire dealer. Repairable?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-1999, 07:11 AM
perry

Default Help! My TT wheel was damaged by tire dealer. Repairable?

I picked up a roofing nail in my Bridgestone. Being extra cautious I took the wheel off myself and brought it to my local tire dealer. When I went to pick it up, there were 3 or 4 gouges approx 1/8" deep on one of the spokes. After a heated arguement they admitted to the damage and said they would repair. Anyone have any experience with this type of repair? I'm bracing myself for the worst.
Anxious in Mpls.
Old 11-09-1999, 09:17 AM
Reggie

Default They will probably try to buff it out.

You need to find a better shop. Discount Tire did it to my new 17"ers and told me about it right away and offered to replace the wheel if I wanted (course I was buying the wheels from them).

They were excellent with their service.

Reggie

98.5 2.8QMS
Old 11-10-1999, 02:50 PM
John

Default Re: Help! My TT wheel was damaged by tire dealer. Repairable?

I had a similar experience at the Tires Plus store on West Lake Street in Minneapolis. They at first denied they had damaged the wheel, and then I showed them the rest of the car and challenged them to find even a minor scratch or dent anywhere on the car.

They sent the wheel out to a local company (I'm sure you could find them in the Yellow Pages) and they did a beautiful job in restoring the wheel to its original condition. I won't, however, be using Tires Plus again for tire service.

The best place to get tires serviced is Theis Brothers in Richfield. They know what they are doing and are reasonable in price.
Old 11-11-1999, 06:32 PM
perr

Default Thanks for your reply.

My damage was done at Tires Plus in Eagan. I got the wheel back today. Except for a few imperfections in the clearcoat the repair was a success. Would you believe not even an apology from the manager! I'll try Theis Brothers next time.