Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

http://www.tirelocker.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 09:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default http://www.tirelocker.com

Interesting service. They store your winter/summer tires for ONLY $300. How do I get in on this deal? They don't even install them for $300, just store them, what a joke!

http://www.tirelocker.com/faq.asp

1. What is TireLocker?
TireLocker is a company that provides personalized storage and delivery of seasonal (summer/winter) tires, rims, and associated lug nuts, to individuals, truck fleets, and organizations such as police, ambulance, and other organizations.

2. How does the TireLocker service work?
Initially TireLocker picks up your seasonal tires not currently in use from your home or the dealer or other location where the tires are located. TireLocker then safely stores your seasonal tires until you let us know when you want your seasonal tires delivered to your dealer or other business where your seasonal tires are changed. TireLocker then takes the seasonal tires that have been removed from your car to a TireLocker storage facility. You never need to touch or store your seasonal tires again. The dealer or other business where you get your tires changed must be within 20 miles of your home, otherwise additional charges would apply. Please do not send any tires to us as we can not accept deliveries at our office address or storage locations. For pick up of tires, please call us at 866-985-TIRE (8473).

3. How many times can I change my seasonal tires and still have TireLocker deliver my tires?
For the yearly fee, you are entitled to have your seasonal tires picked up and delivered two times a year during a 365-day period. The 2 yearly pick ups do not include the initial pickup from your home or other location (must be within 20 miles of your home) where your tires are stored when you initially order the TireLocker service. For example, if you change your seasonal tires in November and April of each year, in November of each year on a business date you specify, TireLocker will deliver your winter tires to your dealer or other business where your seasonal tires are changed and pick up and store your summer tires at that time, and in April of each year on a business date you specify, TireLocker will deliver your summer tires to your dealer or other business and pick up and store your winter tires at that time.

4. What if I use a mechanic, service station, or other business, instead of a car dealer, to change my seasonal tires?
No problem. We will pick up and deliver your seasonal tires to any business as long as it is in the TireLocker service area, within a 20 mile radius of your home address on our records, and the business agrees to accept and hold your seasonal tires upon delivery and for pick up by TireLocker.

5. What if I buy new seasonal tires?
If at the same time you are changing tires you buy new seasonal tires from the business that changes your seasonal tires, at no additional cost we will replace the new tires for the old tires when we are scheduled to deliver and pick up your seasonal tires. If you buy new seasonal tires from a business other than the business that you use to change your seasonal tires or from the business that you use to change your seasonal tires but not at the same time you are changing your tires, call us to make arrangements to replace the tires. For a fee of $50.00 we will pick up your new tires from you or the place of purchase and return the old tires to you. You and your dealer will be responsible for disposal of any old tires and any tires after non-renewal of TireLocker services.

6. Why should I use TireLocker services?
For a cost that is less than a month or two of storage on your own, TireLocker eliminates the hassle of storing and transporting your seasonal tires when you need your seasonal tires changed. TireLocker gives you more space in your home, apartment or condo and prevents injuries from lifting and storing seasonal tires and eliminates the hassle of coordinating the delivery of tires that don't fit in one vehicle.

7. How much does it cost to use the TireLocker service?
The cost for 4 normal sized tires with or without rims is $299.99 per year, plus tax, which is less than the cost of renting your own storage facility for a month or two. The cost for 2 normal sized tires with or without rims is $199.00 per year, plus tax. Call us for pricing for tires larger than 30 inches high and 10 inches wide. Most standard tires are within these dimensions so additional fees are unlikely for most customers.

8. How do I renew the TireLocker service and what happens if I do not renew the service?
If you elect automatic renewal at the time you start the TireLocker service, we will charge your credit/debit card ten (10) days before each anniversary date of you starting the TireLocker service. If you have not elected the automatic renewal, we will contact you at least 5 days prior to the anniversary date. If you do not renew, we will deliver tires to the home address on our records.

9. How is payment made?
TireLocker accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover credit cards and Visa or Mastercard debit cards.

10. In addition to the yearly charge, are there any other charges?
The only possible additional charges are for tires larger than 30 inches high and 10 inches wide, delivery of tires to a dealer more than 20 miles from your home address, and pick up and delivery of new tires if you are not changing seasonal tires at the same time. Contact us for additional details for special sized tires. There is a $50 charge for any deliveries or pick-ups beyond 20 miles from your home address and for any other special pick up and deliveries.

11. Do I get a refund or credit if I no longer need TireLocker services?
If you terminate the need for TireLocker services prior to expiration of your service contract year, we do not provide any refund or credit to you.

12. Where are my seasonal tires stored?
Your seasonal tires are stored in facilities close to where your dealer is located. Each TireLocker facility is secure, insured, and climate controlled.

13. Are there any special requirements to use TireLocker services?
The only ongoing requirement once you have completed the application, payment has been made, and we have picked up your tires that are not in use, is that you need to give us 48 hours notice by phone (excluding weekends and holidays) of when and where you need your tires delivered.

14. What happens if I move or change my dealer or mechanic?
If you change the dealer or mechanic or other business that changes your seasonal tires, just let us know. As long as the new dealer, mechanic, or other business is still within a twenty (20) mile radius of your home, no additional charges apply. If you move and no longer need the TireLocker service, call us and we will make arrangements to deliver your tires to the home address on our records. If you want to keep the TireLocker service, call us and we will let you know if you are still in the TireLocker service area. If you are no longer in the TireLocker service area, we will deliver the tires to the home address on our records.

15. How is my dealer involved?
TireLocker works with your dealer to make sure your seasonal tires are at your dealer when your car is ready for service and coordinates with your dealer for pick up of your seasonal tires removed from your vehicle by your dealer. We will pick up and deliver your seasonal tires to any business as long as it is in the TireLocker service area, within a 20 mile radius of your home address on our records, and the business agrees to accept and hold your seasonal tires for a sufficient period of time upon delivery and for pick up by TireLocker. Unfortunately, from time to time, a dealer might not cooperate and we try to resolve any concerns so we can better serve you. Once the tires are delivered to your dealer, you and the dealer are responsible for installation of the tires and any related tire services.

16. How do I get started using the TireLocker service?
You start using the TireLocker service by completing and submitting the application form on our website, www.TireLocker.com. Once the application has been accepted and payment has been made, we will contact you to make arrangements to pick up your tires that are not in use from your home or other location. The initial pick up of tires does not count towards the two pick-ups and deliveries you are entitled to during the next 365 day period. You also can print the application on the website and mail it to us at TireLocker, Inc. 2nd Floor, 114 W. State Street, Media, PA 19063. You can also call us at 866-985-TIRE (8473) to get started
Old 11-30-2008, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Our best tire dealer in the area stores your winters/summers for $100 per

year--for those folks without garage space.