Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

Just visited Rim & Wheel shop in Newton . . .

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2000, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just visited Rim & Wheel shop in Newton . . .

They straighten and/or refinish wheels. If the half dozen sets of Audi wheels I noticed on the floor are any indication, they do a good job. I am surprised not to hear more about them on the forum based on the number of Audi wheels they were refinishing in the shop (BBS, Ronal, BMW/BBS OEM, etc. . . )

The owner, Ina, is very nice and will let you see any area of the shop. She toured me around to see finished sets of Audi wheels. They utilize the Hunter DSP balancing machine. A shop employee was straightening a wheel on a machine/rig. Very interesting. They wear gloves that look like food service prep gloves. Hell I don't even see food service people wearing gloves.

Don't get me wrong here. They are all go and very little show. The shop is very much a wheel shop with very little glossy b.s. to try to convince you that they are legitimate. You can pick your finish and Ina can tell you based on the color of your car if the finish will look inappropriate.

They can match the factory color or you could pick virtually any color, maybe even imola. Hopefully no one will go that route but to each his/her own. They are very accomodating and I thank whomever posted their name here before.

If you live in the Boston area you can drop off the wheels. If you are anywhere else UPS would be a good bet. Each wheel that is refinished is first checked to see that it is not bent. This procedure takes place even if you do not request it. If you come into the shop they offer to check the wheel(s) with you present.

I will post again once I have the wheels back (3 weeks due to their high workload - usally 1 week). I am including a link to their site and I derive nothing from doing so. The shop deals in word of mouth. So, if your looking to make your wheels new again add them to your option list.<ul><li><a href="http://www.rimandwheelworks.com">http://www.rimandwheelworks.com</a</li></ul>