Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

Mr. Tire in Maryland gouged my BBS rims!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mr. Tire in Maryland gouged my BBS rims!

Mr. Tire in Gaithersburg, MD put a couple of nice big gouges in one of my BBS rims and scratched the paint on the face of the rim while trying to fix a leak.
I watched his technician struggle with trying to break the tire loose, then start prying with a crowbar! I even asked the manager if he was sure the tech could fix it without damaging my wheel. Well, he and the other tech they sent to help effed it up anyway.
When I pointed the damage out to the manager he started telling me how his machine couldn't damage the wheel (what about that crowbar??) and accused me of damaging it! Then the dick asked me how old my car was (meticulous '84 Scirocco) like that had anything to do with the condition of the wheels! Then last he asks me;"What do you want ME to do??" How about NOT damage my wheel!
Anyway, if you don't want you wheels effed up and a topping of BS from the manager, I'd avoid Mr. Tire in Gaithersburg. As a matter of fact, I will avoid any Mr. Tire and any MileOne company too.
Why does Tire Rack list these clowns as recommended installers??
Old 01-21-2002, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'd let TireRack know right away. Maybe they can help...?
Old 01-21-2002, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same "this machine can't damage your rim" BS too. Must be marketing BS from the machine Co
Old 01-21-2002, 07:14 PM

Default EXACTLY what happened to me...

yahoos accused me of damaging it myself! F-U i said, then I showed them the invoice that said that I had it just refinished the other day. ***!!! you should have seen the guy manhandle my S4 rim. idiota! then the manager comes out and says the machine can't possibly do that because the sides of it is rubber. so? frek mad..then they offer to paint my wheel next door at where....EARL SCHIEB. i told them just gimme my money bad and go to hell. i fell alil better now. thank you. good night.
Old 01-22-2002, 01:40 PM

I will pass it along to my installer program coordinator for you.
Old 01-22-2002, 08:13 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i feel your pain. we need to start assembling a list ...

of *good* places to go to get tires mounted and balanced. as an aside, if anyone is looking for a good place in the boston area, i *highly* recommend wheel dynamix in natick -- you will not be disappointed.