Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

NTB screwed up my rims whil mounting my tires. What can I do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NTB screwed up my rims whil mounting my tires. What can I do?

I got my tires mounted and when I got home to clean off all the brakedust and fingerprints I noticed a lot of marks on the rims. There were a bunch of fine scratches from the mounting maching with some black scrapes that came off with some WD-40. Then to my horror, I saw that they must have took out the valve stem with the jaws-of-life. The area around it is all boogered up. Then I was cleaning off the tape residue from the old weights and saw huge (literally), deep gouges from whatever they used to take them off. To top it off, it looks like the guy doing it was practicing to be a NASCAR tire changer. He needs to go back to school though because he missed the lugs a few times and dinged up the face of the rims. I am so pissed off about it and wondering what kind of retribution I can get from them. The rims were pristine before and now are noticably screwed up. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Greg
Old 01-02-2002, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That happened to me....

unless they are big like Sears or something, be prepared to just bite your lip. I brought my newly refinished S4 wheel to have the tire mounted. Get this, the guy was rolling the wheel back behind the old tire as if trying to hide somthing. He insisted that I go in to pay while he put the wheel in my trunk. When I got back to the car, I inspected it and sure enough, 2 deep scratches!! I confronted the guy and he said, Oh it was already there! F@@k Y#@ i wanted to say. What did they offer me....to repaint it next door at where? Earl Scheib. Idiots!!!!!!! I even had to force them to get my money back. Idiots!!!!!!! Take it from me...do an inspection with the installer before they mount the tires.