Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

Recommended installer from Tirerack scratched 2 of my rims during installation.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommended installer from Tirerack scratched 2 of my rims during installation.

The only reason why I went there is because they were a recommended installer from tirerack. I guess they should update their list and remove this place because they sucked. When I confronted the service guy, he basically said that they didn't do it, and I know they did because my rims had 0 scratches, except for one. Oh well, you live and you learn. Do your own research and don't believe in recommended anything from any retailer.

If anybody from Tirerack reads this form, remove Autoteck Discount Wheel and Tire from your list. They are horrible and I have scratched rims to show for it.
Old 12-13-2003, 06:00 AM
Former Vendor

Default Re: Recommended installer from Tirerack scratched 2 of my rims during installation.

Although installers are screened to have the correct equipement, even the best can make mistakes. I realize this is still no excuse, and the situation WILL be checked into. We have no qualms about removing bad installers from our list.

Please email 'Bill@Tirerack.com' who is in charge of our 2000+ installers if you have more details. Sounds like this is something that would interest him for sure, and will follow up.
Old 12-13-2003, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thanks Gary. I Just want to make it clear that I'm not necessarily blaming the Tirerack for this.

The purchase of my tires was smooth and flawless, so props to you guys for that. Because of this, and because Tirerack is thought of highly here on Audiworld and other forums like this, this particular installer may taint that reputation.

Anyway, thanks for responding. I appreciate it. I will contact Bill when I get a chance and tell him about my experience.
Old 12-13-2003, 07:14 AM
Former Vendor

Default Re: Thanks Gary. I Just want to make it clear that I'm not necessarily blaming the Tirerack for thi

Thanks,I do appreciate that! We rely on customer feedback like this to keep our installers in check and make sure we don't keep any bad apples around.
Old 12-13-2003, 05:48 PM

Why didn't you just call TR in the first place?
Old 12-14-2003, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Because we have a tirerack forum right here.