Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

Tire Rack: MSW rims made by O.Z. ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Rack: MSW rims made by O.Z. ?

Gary or anyone that has had them can you defend these wheels at all? Does OZ involvement in production make them decently strong or light at all?

Price and country of origin(China) lead to to believe they would be pretty junky.

I hate to admit I really like a couple of the styles though

Tire rack doesn't list weights on them yet = heavy?

[Tire Rack]

"MSW wheels, designed and engineered in O.Z.'s high technology design and testing facilities, are produced with a focus on strength and style.

Production is overseen by a team of O.Z. engineers to ensure that quality is never compromised. MSW wheels meet all official regulations of each country the wheels are sold in, including the stringent rules for T.U.V. (Germany's Technical Monitoring Association) certification.

This combination of cutting edge design and precise manufacturing technology is the trademark of O.Z. quality and the foundation on which MSW wheels are created."
Old 08-06-2007, 05:18 AM
Former Vendor

Default Re: Tire Rack: MSW rims made by O.Z. ?

Since we haven't had much experience with this line yet (this is different from the old MSW line of many years ago) I cannot speak for their strength from direct experience. Being that they are designed/engineered by OZ and have them overseeing production I would expect the quality to be good. We won't have wheel weights until we get inventory in stock to weigh, but based on other OZ-designed products (with a few exceptions of course) I would not expect this to be a lightweight line.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:33 AM

hmm sounds like something I will keep my eye on. Thanks