Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

Winter Tires for Canadian

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter Tires for Canadian

Currently I see there is a special offer for Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1. I was wondering if it applies to purchase for Canadian as well?

Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 (Light Truck/SUV Studless Ice & Snow)
Special Offer: Buy a set of four and get $50 reward card.

Thanks.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:30 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by grumps
Currently I see there is a special offer for Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1. I was wondering if it applies to purchase for Canadian as well?

Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 (Light Truck/SUV Studless Ice & Snow)
Special Offer: Buy a set of four and get $50 reward card.

Thanks.
Unfortunately this offer is valid only to those with US Billing addresses, sorry.

Details : http://www.tirerack.com/specialoffer...p?promoID=T032
Old 09-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the quick response. I was also wondering what do I enter for the referral number? Is there any discounts that would apply?
Old 10-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Former Vendor

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the quick response. I was also wondering what do I enter for the referral number? Is there any discounts that would apply?
The optional referral number is if you're an employee of Continental Tires Corporation, you would enter your employee # in this box if this applies to you.

Unfortunately we don't offer coupons or discounts, but if you refer to "Gary/Audiworld" when the site asks if you've spoken with anyone here at the Tire Rack, I can get the forum credit for the sale. See my signature for details.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Gary,

I will purchase the winter tire package (rims and tires) in the next few weeks and will refer you for your forum credit. A few more questions for you.

- Does the winter tire package include the centering rings and other accessories required to install the tires?
- Do I need to purchase anything separately in order to install the tires?
- Can I re-use the wheel nuts/locks come with the OEM tires?
Old 10-11-2010, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Winter Tires for Canadian

The fundamental materials of modern tires are rubber and fabric along with other compound chemicals. They consist of a tread and a body. The tread provides traction while the body ensures support. Before rubber was invented, the first versions of tires were simply bands of metal that fitted around wooden wheels in order to prevent wear and tear. Today, the vast majority of tires are pneumatic, comprising a doughnut-shaped body of cords and wires encased in rubber and generally filled with compressed air to form an inflatable cushion.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Hi Gary,

I will purchase the winter tire package (rims and tires) in the next few weeks and will refer you for your forum credit. A few more questions for you.

- Does the winter tire package include the centering rings and other accessories required to install the tires?
- Do I need to purchase anything separately in order to install the tires?
- Can I re-use the wheel nuts/locks come with the OEM tires?
Good questions. I know TR includes centering rings if needed.

I think they list if you need to purchase a different set of bolts or nuts: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/...jsp?techid=102

To install the wheels on your car you will need a hydraulic jack, jack stand, a torque wrench and anti-seize compound (not everyone agrees that wheel bolts should have anti-seize but it keeps them from being rusted on
Old 10-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Reggie,

Thanks for the clarification. Good to know that TireRack will include the centering rings if required. I did price out the winter tire package and it didn't listed that additional wheel bolts/nuts are required.

I don't think I'm handy enough to install the winter tires myself. I will have the dealership to install them when I pick up the new car (still waiting for my Q5 to be delivered).
Old 10-13-2010, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Hi Reggie,

Thanks for the clarification. Good to know that TireRack will include the centering rings if required. I did price out the winter tire package and it didn't listed that additional wheel bolts/nuts are required.

I don't think I'm handy enough to install the winter tires myself. I will have the dealership to install them when I pick up the new car (still waiting for my Q5 to be delivered).
If their wheels need a different bolt than what comes with the car Tire Rack will let you know - otherwise you can use the stock bolts.

Installing wheels is actually easy if you have a garage - not a fan of working outside on a car though I did that long ago in the 60s and 70s when I was poor and lived in apts.. I can do a write up with pictures if you want. I have to remove the wheels anyway to measure the rotors on the car (going to put low dust pads and cross drilled rotors) - If you want to have the dealer do it now and then put the summers on yourself you can.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Reggie,

If you have time to post the instruction, that would be really appreciated!!!

Looking at a 18" package at Tirerack.com for my Q5. Any advice on how to choose the wheels at they go from $130-879? Should I avoid those low-end one from China or it really doesn't matter?

If I ship to Canada, how much duty do I need to pay on top of the sales taxes (GST/PST/HST)? Would the taxes be different for different tire/wheel?

Many thanks in advance!!!

Michael

Quick Reply: Winter Tires for Canadian