Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

Winter Tires for Canadian

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TKMCHAN
Hi Reggie,

If you have time to post the instruction, that would be really appreciated!!!

Looking at a 18" package at Tirerack.com for my Q5. Any advice on how to choose the wheels at they go from $130-879? Should I avoid those low-end one from China or it really doesn't matter?

If I ship to Canada, how much duty do I need to pay on top of the sales taxes (GST/PST/HST)? Would the taxes be different for different tire/wheel?

Many thanks in advance!!!

Michael
Will do the write up for you next week -

You can also look at Hartmann Wheels as there are some shops that import them (you will have to look at the fourms to see who does it - check the Canadian forums and I know these guys ship to Canada: http://achtuning.com/). TR ships to Canada but I do not know anything about the process but they seem competent at it

Myself I prefer simple five spoke designs that allow for easy cleaning with all the snow and bad weather - clearly the S-Line wheels I have do not meet that criteria

Selecting wheels is such a personal thing - so I really can't make a recommendation for you other than obviously BBS makes great wheels
Old 10-19-2010, 08:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Reggie
Will do the write up for you next week -

You can also look at Hartmann Wheels as there are some shops that import them (you will have to look at the fourms to see who does it - check the Canadian forums and I know these guys ship to Canada: http://achtuning.com/). TR ships to Canada but I do not know anything about the process but they seem competent at it

Myself I prefer simple five spoke designs that allow for easy cleaning with all the snow and bad weather - clearly the S-Line wheels I have do not meet that criteria

Selecting wheels is such a personal thing - so I really can't make a recommendation for you other than obviously BBS makes great wheels
Thanks Reggie,

I shared your pain as I just spend an hour over the weekend cleaning them. The brake dust certainly is very sticky ...

I am also looking at the BBS wheels and the Hartmann wheels. My question is how different they are other than the look. Can I simply pick the one that is most appealing to me in terms of look and brand? Or the material or process they use really matters?

Thanks again.

Michael
Old 10-19-2010, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TKMCHAN
Thanks Reggie,

I shared your pain as I just spend an hour over the weekend cleaning them. The brake dust certainly is very sticky ...

I am also looking at the BBS wheels and the Hartmann wheels. My question is how different they are other than the look. Can I simply pick the one that is most appealing to me in terms of look and brand? Or the material or process they use really matters?

Thanks again.

Michael
Forged wheels are the strongest and obviously the more pricey. BBS are noted for being strong and Hartmann is considered one of the better replica brands.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Reggie,

Thanks in advance for posting the write up. That will be useful to do the tire swap myself.